Friday, August 24, 2012

Sunlight Shawl

A few months ago my grandmother gave me all the yarn she'd been hoarding since her arthritis made it too difficult for her to knit.  While I was excited to be on the receiving end (especially since she gave me some seriously amazing material), I felt bad for her that she could no longer enjoy one of her favorite hobbies.  I wanted to make a little something for her to show my appreciation for her generosity.

I knew I wanted to use this beautiful variegated fingering wool, but I wasn't quite sure what to make.  After some ravelry searching I found this pattern and knew it was perfect.

Sunlight Shawl

Sunlight Shawl Detail

Sunlight Shawl Detail

I love how simple this pattern is, and it shows off the yarn.  Although I made this in fingering weight with small needles it could be done with any weight yarn/needle size.  In retrospect I probably should have blocked it to get the picot edging to lay flat.  I guess I'll just have to do that when I make one for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment