Monday, August 20, 2012

East of the West

East of the WestEast of the West by Miroslav Penkov
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

After just completing an incredibly long, dense read this was the perfect book - a collection of short stories. My rating of three stars reflects my average for all the stories in this book. There were some that I loved and would read over and over again and some then I felt "meh" about. It's definitely worth reading and the short story format makes this book fly. Prior to reading this book I knew nothing about Bulgaria's culture, this was definitely an intriguing introduction to the country. Although I know the stories are fiction I felt like I got a peek into life and customs. I'd definitely be interested in reading something else of Penkov's and would recommend this read to others.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment