Friday, September 14, 2012

Opulent Raglan in Progress

At the beginning of the summer I started making a heavily cabled sweater from a pattern in Interweave magazine.  I had ordered a bunch of pink Wool of the Andes with the intention of making some kind of pullover, because I don't have any hand knit sweaters in that color.  I messed around with the gauge and sizing and began making this beautifully patterned sweater.

Dickinson Pullover in Progress

Although the cable pattern looked awesome something just didn't feel right about it.  I don't know if it was that I had altered the gauge/sizing from the original pattern, or that the pink was just too bold for a heavily cabled sweater, but I put the project on hold.

While poking around a bookstore I came across The Best of Knitscene and saw the Opulent Raglan pattern.  I instantly knew it would be perfect for the pink yarn.  The pattern is so simple and elegant, but not overwhelming in the bright pink.  A new pink pullover project began.

Opulent Raglan in Progress

So far this has been a simple top down knit.  The cable pattern is super easy.  I think I'm going to make some mods to the hemming on the bottom, but otherwise the pattern is perfect as is.  I'm so glad I found this pattern, I feel like it will give me the perfect pink cable sweater to add to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment